For those who have beat Dragon’s Dogma’s main story thread (Spoilers for after the first set of credits), here’s a neat little way to grind vocation (job) levels and discipline points (DP), which are in turn used to buy new abilities in game for the various classes.
Here’s how you do it:
1) This trick requires you to have completed the ‘core’ game (by beating the Dragon at the end of the game), unlocking the post-game content.
2) Go and do the quest that appears with the Duke. After this, Guards are now Hostile.
3) Travel back to the Noble Quarter of the Capital. The guards will immediately aggro to you, but they will NOT attack your pawns.
4) Run to the Church. You can reach the walls around the church by clambering up them. When stood atop them, the guards cannot harm you – but your pawns will obliterate them, and they won’t defend themselves. Go eat, watch a movie, do whatever – you’ll slowly level up your vocation and gain DP to spend.
5) Either exit the captial or enter the rift at the nearby riftstone to stop the guards from chasing you so you can spend those points or shift vocations.
6) Repeat to your hearts’ content!
Keep in mind that you’re not going to gain much EXP to level up from this method – the guards aren’t worth enough EXP, and grinding a single level would take hours. This is ideal for unlocking new levels of vocations, though, and works much more quickly for that.